Sunday, October 14, 2012

Book Reviews

As a new writer, I've been trying to understand how to market a book. It's a cliche to say that publishing is completely different than even five years ago, and that those changes will just continue. Given that, how do you let people know about your book, and let them know that it's worth their time?

Some people buy reviews. There's a great story about that here: In short, people could buy not only reviews, but five star ones. What's the ethics behind a paid review?

People do read reviews. We are big fans of Trip Advisor or open table or Amazon to figure out what other people think. And a few bad reviews that seem informed can make us look somewhere else. I'd be suspicious of only five star reviews, too, with good reason. See above.

I'm hoping that people who read my book will take two minutes and connect to Amazon and write a review. I especially hope that the reviews are positive, but if a review can teach me something, it would be great. I think my book is good, and I worked very hard on it, and I think people who like this kind of thing will like it, but I can't pretend it's perfect or the greatest book ever written. That will be my next book.

The book is available here at Amazon as a Kindle book but it will also be available free from Amazon all day this Sunday October 21 only.

I can guarantee that you'll enjoy it if you like an interesting character figuring sex out, and some hot sex scenes. Put that in your review and smoke it. Hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment